Official PS3 Rebug 4.86.1 Lite Custom Firmware (CFW) has been released and ready to download and install all supported PS3 console models. Developers still looking for providers of DEX OFW for future “REX/D-REX” Releases. Lite COBRA 8.2 Edition can be installed on CEX PS3 Systems. The CFW Package Manager is a replacement for the standard install PKG files option under Game in the XMB. It allows for the install and deletes of .pkg files from dev_hdd0/packages, dev_usb/packages, and the standard install package file locations. Including new features of this CFW, now bubbles PSN content will appear under these options instead of cluttering your game menu.
Install Packages will be available by pressing the PS3 controller triangle button the standard package location. Because PS3 will only install .pkg from the USB root or external hard drive. Rebug Toolbox is an application designed to complete the full function of Rebug REX edition. Once your PS3 ready to install PS3 Rebug 4.86 Lite – Cobra 8.2 addition then you can go with the further steps. If you are a nonCFW user then you should go with PS3 Jailbreak 4.86.
PS3 Rebug 4.86.1 Lite Features:-
- XMB Icons for nice CFW tasks, available in Network Column
- Simply select and it’s executed!
- Rebug Settings – Toggle COBRA and Debug Menu Type
- Dump Tools – Klicense, File Secure ID, IDPS, Disc Hash key
- Service Tools – Display Minimum Downgrade FW Version, Rebuild Database, Check File System, Entering Recovery Mode (NOR Models Only)
- Advanced Service Tools – Entering FSM (!!!DO NOT Install FW while on FSM that may lead RSOD!!!), Remarry BD drive and RSOD fix
- vsh plugins has been increased from 1 to 7 slots.
- Slot 0 is reserved for use for iso plugins (netiso.sprx and rawseciso.sprx).
- Slots 1-6 are for boot plugins.
- Plugins are loaded (text file: /dev_hdd0/boot_plugins.txt shall contain a plugin path per line)
Cobra 8.2 overview
- PRX plugins at boot time (sprx)
- ISO Support: PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/DVD/BluRay (Split ISO support on FAT32 drives)
- Network Support: PS1/PS3/DVD/BluRay /PKGs (guide)
- Blu Ray Movie region free functionality
- NTFS HDD Support (prepNTFS, or multiMAN Required to scan contents)
- PS2 ISO Support for BC (HW) / non-BC (SW) Consoles
- Syscall 11 – Cobra lv1 Peek
- Syscall 15 – Allow execution of any LV2 internal functions
- PSNPatch stealth plugin support
- ISO rips are required to get 100% support, for ex) after disabling syscalls, games like Call of Duty will not be able to play unless you use ISO rips, please DO NOT expect everything to be fully functional when you are disabling the built-in features from COBRA. Folder rips are NOT compatible with PSNPatch’s stealth mode due to its ability to disable COBRA’s disc-less feature for folder JB rips*
- PS3MAPI support, allows you to attach process on both CEX/DEX via its own API app.
- Backup Protection Removal, Add full PS3 Backup support on all multiMAN/sMAN/webMAN,IRIS manager forks and Managunz.
- Target Manager 4.20-4.70 fully supported.(REX/D-REX EDITION ONLY)
- Allow modification on Syscall 6/7/8/9/10/11/15.
- IMPROVED Stability with DEX mode, the annoying issue with hanging on boot on some old converted DEX models is fixed.
- Burned/Burnt optical media support for PS1/PS3 Games on All models
- Homebrew blocker – blocks homebrew access while Syscalls are disabled
- reactPSN -Activates RIF files on the fly (act.dat / activation data required)
Official Rebug 4.86.1 CFW installation introduction
- Plug your USB drive on your PC.
- Format your USB drive with FAT32 (Use SD card formatter tool on Windows 10)
- Create root folder on your USB drive PS3>UPDATE
- Rename your extracted PS3 Rebug 4.86 file as PS3UPDAT.PUP
- Copy your renamed file and paste it under UPDATE folder.
- Unplug your USB drive from your PC safely and plug it to on your PS3 console second port which is close to blu-ray drive.
- Go to setting>update and update your system firmware via USB.
- Follow the screen installation introduction.
Custom Firmware (CFW) version 0.1 settings (xai_plugin) is an ultimate new add-on feature for XMB. By default this plugin is disabled. You need to enable it manually via REBUG TOOLBOX.
By default COBRA 8.2 is enabled, to disable the Cobra Features simply access the REBUG Toolbox.
No, It can only overwrite on supported CFW installed consoles. You can’t overwrite this firmware on Officially installed firmware. Check the PS3 Jailbreak Compatibility list and go with PS3 Jailbreak OFW to CFW converting process.
Note: You can simply update your CFW version by following the mentioned above installation introduction. But you can’t install it directly on officially firmware overwrites console. If your console modes show in the compatibility list as CFW installer in the PS3 Jailbreak Compatibility list then still you can overwrite it on OFW. But you need to apply PS3Xploit v3.0.1 patches before this process.
You’ll need these
- PS3 System
- FAT32 Formatted USB Drive
- PS3 Rebug Toolbox
- PS3 Rebug 4.86.1 Lite
Conclusion – Official PS3 Rebug 4.86.1 firmware has been installed on your PS3 system. Now I would like to hear from your new firmware experience. You can leave your feedback and issues in the comment section. Like my Facebook page and subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay connected with me.