Great news for all PS3 console users. PS3 HFW 4.87.1 has been released and ready to download and install on any PlayStation 3 console model. The installation process quite simple and it can be used for your PS3 FAT, Slim, and Super Slim. Sony has released Official Firmware (OFW) 4.87 on December 3, 2020. You can directly install HFW 4.87 on your PS3 console (Not CFW) via USB without any hardware modification & patches.
Updating the system directly via internet will no effect on your HFW overwrite. If you have already updated your system software via internet by mistake. Don’t worry can overwrite HFW 4.87 by following the installation introduction. But keep in mind that, If you haven’t updated your system software. Updating isn’t a good choice for now until a jailbreak comes out.
PS3 HFW 4.87.1 Installation introduction
- Extract PS3 hybrid firmware 4.87.1 on your computer desktop or any specific folder.
- Plug your branded and a trusted USB drive on your PC.
- Format your USB drive with FAT32 (SD card formatter tool is recommended)
- Create a root folder on your USB drive PS3>UPDATE
- Rename HFW 4.87.1 PS3UPDAT.PUP file to PS3UPDAT.PUP
- Copy your hybrid firmware and paste it into UPDATE folder.
- Remove your USB drive safely from your PC.
- Plug your USB drive on your PS3 second port which is close to the Blu-ray drive.
- Go to the setting tab and select updates.
- Choose update via storage media.
- Follow the screen introduction and you are done
It depends If you have already updated your system firmware. You can overwrite HFW on it. If not, stay on the previous jailbreak 4.86 version. Because we are still waiting for exploits.
Without any hardware modification or particular downgrade (Software) process which compatible with PS3 models. No, you can’t downgrade your PS3 firmware.
PSN network require latest firmware to login PSN account. HFW 4.87.1 is the latest firmware. So, yes you can play online on HFW 4.87.1 and there is no risk ban as you may heard about SEN Enabler.
You’ll need these
- PS3 Console
- USB or External Hard Drive (FAT32)
- Hybrid Firmware
- Desktop/Laptop or Mobile.
Conclusion – Staying on the previous jailbreak version is a good choice for now. If you have any questions or queries regarding this article. Feel free to leave in the comment section or contact me on social. Like my Facebook page and subscribe to YouTube channel and stay connected with me.