Sony has released a firmware update for the PlayStation 3. Firmware 4.88, released after 6 months 4.87. CFW does not confirm yet for 4.88 but PS3 HFW 4.88 firmware is ready to install on any PlayStation 3 console. Hybrid Firmware (HFW) allows you to install the patch and enable Homebrew Enabler (HEN). Evilnat changed PSN/SEN authentication method. Avoid Proxy or Spoof for now if you do not want to get ban your PSN.
- This system software update improves system performance.
- Updated Blu-Ray keys for new movie releases
- System fixes (possible security fixes?)
Install PS3 HFW 4.88
- Extract PS3 hybrid firmware 4.88.1 on your computer desktop or any specific folder.
- Plug your branded and a trusted USB drive on your PC.
- Format your USB drive with FAT32. (SD card formatter tool is recommended)
- Create a root folder on your USB drive PS3>UPDATE in uppercase
- Rename HFW 4.88.1 PS3UPDAT.PUP file to PS3UPDAT.PUP
- Copy your hybrid firmware and paste it into UPDATE folder.
- Remove your USB drive safely from your PC.
- Plug your USB drive on your PS3 second port which is close to the Blu-ray drive.
- Go to the setting tab and select updates.
- Choose update via storage media.
- Follow the screen introduction and you are done
It’s all on you If you have nonCFW installer console. Then you are free to update your HEN by install HFW 4.88 and applying HEN.
Please do not use Proxy and Spoof tools, avoid them for now. Once you update your firmware/HEN. You can login to your PSN account.
Yes you can. But we always recommend use a secondary account, not primary one.
You’ll need these
- PS3 Console
- USB or External Hard Drive (FAT32)
- Hybrid Firmware
- Desktop/Laptop or Mobile.
Conclusion: PS3 HFW 4.88 can update your system software and you’ll be able to apply patches with system software update improves system performance changelog. Like our Facebook page and subscribe YouTube channel and stay connected with me.