PS3 Hybrid Firmware (HFW) 4.86.1 has been released and ready to download install on all PS3 console models. PS3 HFW 4.86 is a modified firmware that can be install over any OFW in PS3 FAT, Slim and Superslim consoles. Sony has released Offical Firmware (OFW) 4.86 on March 31, 2020. You can directly install HFW 4.86 on your PS3 console (Not CFW) via USB without any hardware modification & patches.
Keep in mind that you no need to update your firmware via internet you can directly install or overwrite it on 4.86. Once you install PS3 Hybrid Firmware 4.86 on your PS3 console then you can simply apply PS3 Jailbreak 4.86 on any PS3 console such as FAT, Slim, and Superslim.
How to install 4.86.1 Hybrid Firmware on PS3 Console?
- Extract PS3 hybrid firmware 4.86.1 on your computer desktop or any specific folder.
- Plug your branded and trusted USB drive on your PC.
- Format your USB drive with FAT32 (SD card formatter tool is recommended)
- Create a root folder on your USB drive PS3>UDPATE
- Rename HFW 4.86.1 PS3UPDAT.PUP file to PS3UPDAT.PUP
- Copy your hybrid firmware and paste it into UPDATE folder.
- Remove your USB drive safely from your PC.
- Plug your USB drive on your PS3 second port which is close to Blu-ray drive.
- Go to setting tab and select updates.
- Choose update via storage media.
- Follow the screen introduction and you are done
If you have already updated the firmware of your console then you can override the hybrid firmware.
As I have mentioned in my previous article (PS3 Hybrid Firmware 4.85) there will be nothing to gain from that. But the jailbreak, downgrade, patch, and PS3Xploit activity has begun on this firmware. So if you update now then you can apply jailbreak on your updated consoles.
If you have been using PS3 from a long time, then you’ll know that till date there is no way you can downgrade your PS3 firmware (OFW) via USB. There is a hardware modification for downgrade which only supports the selected models and require FW Which currently has no confirmation on 4.86 and it will not work at all on a super slim console. If you want to know on which PS3 supports the downgrade process, then you can see the PS3 jailbreak compatibility list.
PS3 online games can also be played on 4.85 firmware with the help of PS3 proxy server. Hybrid firmware which is 4.86.1 and PSN requires the latest firmware to login. So yes you can play online games on PS3 Hybrid Firmware 4.86.1.
Note: This release only brings back the vulnerability from 4.82, Tools, Homebrew, Payloads needs to be updated fully to support 4.85.
- Any Model of PS3 Console
- A USB or External Hard Drive
- Hybrid Firmware
- Computer or Laptop
Conclusion – I think this information must have been very important for you. If apart from this, you have a question regarding this article. Then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Like my Facebook page and subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay connected with me.