This PS3 Jailbreak 4.86 v3 is for nonCFW consoles users. PS3Xploit v3 for nonCFW consoles provides homebrew support for those consoles that cannot install custom firmware (CFW) such as Slim 3000 and Superslim. You can apply PS3 Jailbreak 4.86 HEN on all PS3 console models (Yes! you heard right, PS3 FAT, Slim, and SuperSlim). But you cannot install CFW on all PS3 console models. The best thing is developers started forming the PS3HEN homebrew & Plugin Compatibility chart. Soon you will get more than you think.
PS3Xploit (PS3HEN)Version 3.X.X has comes with many new additions for better user experience. If we talk about one of them new changes, new changes provide full PS3 ISO support, new PS3HEN stability, KW stealth Extension added, Version 2 kernel plugin support to along with bootplugin support version 1.
I always recommend jailbreak fans, before start the jailbreak process please understand it first. Check your PS3 console model with PS3 Jailbreak compatibility list and go with the recommended jailbreak type. Don’t be sad if your console won’t support CFW, PS3Xploit (PS3HEN) v3 is also reliable and easy to use. There can be some confusion but knowledge is key. Make sure you read the whole article and follow all below-mentioned stapes.
PS3Xploit (PS3HEN) V3.X.X Changelog:
- Updated To Support 4.86 HFW (HEN Plugin Changes)
- Updated To Support 4.86 HFW (Payload Changes)
- COBRA PS3MAPI Changes (Added a better set process memory by using the function used to actually write to process, this will allow user to write to memory where writing permissions are disabled)
- Updated To Support 4.86 HFW
- Added ps3mapi_process_page_allocate this function will allocate memory into the eboot process allowing your to write/read/execute code into start_address parameter
- Added ps3mapi_get_process_module_info which will get the name, module path, module segments, module start and module stop address all in one function
- Added ps3mapi_create_process_thread to create thread into the process, This is useful if you want to load a small function into the process without needed make and load a sprx module
PS3 Jailbreak 4.86 Steps
- Configure MiniWeb & Run as administrator (Put HTML files, HEN Installer on MiniWeb → htdocs folder)
- Clear PS3 browser cookies, cache, authentication, etc.
- Set MiniWeb IP address as PS3 Homepage (PS3 Web Browser → Triangle → Files → Homepage)
- Run HEN Installer /html/hen_installer/index.html. (HEN package will be downloaded and installed automatically)
- Reboot PS3 Manually.
- Launch HEN From New “Enable HEN” XMB Icon, Under Game Column
- Install Latest HEN Installer 3.0.1 Signed PKG using package manager via USB. (Make sure you plugged your USB drive on your PS3 USB01 and you have Signed HEN PKG and PS3HEN.BIN in it)
Note: It’s recommended to Disable Confirm Browser Close (Web Browser, Triangle, Tools, Confirm Browser Close – Off) for using current web exploits. It will save your time the step of having to click the Yes confirmation on exit browser. (1.1) HEN Enable will be the default XMB landing icon after installation. To make it work properly, navigate to System Settings > Display [What’s New] > Off
PS3HEN stands for Homebrew Enabler. HEN has much more new feature according to Custom Firmware (CFW).
I got many of emails regarding this error, while installing the custom packages, Offline PKG etc. It’s mean dev_rewrite did not mount, you need to reboot your PS3 console and run online or offline han_flash_mount_rewrite.html again, then you can easily install package.
You can go with online and offline jailbreak process. If you want to complete this process online the you need a stable internet connection or to download HFW, CFW, Support and release files on your PC and PS3. But If you want to do it offline then you still need internet connection on your PC, not PS3.
You’ll need these
- PS3 Hybrid Firmware (HFW) 4.86
- Stable Internet Connection
- FAT32 Formatted USB Drive
- PS3 Console
- Exploit & USB Files
Conclusion – I hope you have jailbreak your PS3. If you have any question or queries regarding this jailbreak process which I miss or you don’t understand. Please write me in the comment section or forum page to create a new topic. Like my Facebook page and subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay connected with me.