Everyone wants to install CFW on his/her console. But only compatible PS3 system users can install Custom Firmware (CFW) on his/her console. If you already have updated your PS3 firmware OFW 4.86. You can simply convert your PS3 OFW 4.86 to CFW 4.86. I don’t know what’s your PS3 console model or firmware version. I suggest you check PS3 Jailbreak compatibility list and make sure is your console support CFW installer. Do not follow this process if your console isn’t CFW installer column.
This process is quite simple but it can brick your PS3 console. So, please read the whole article and follow all the steps carefully. Let me clear one thing, PS3 Jailbreak (PS3HEN) 4.86 support all PS3 console models including PS3 FAT, Slim and Superslim. But CFW installer does not support above Slim CECH-25XXX. In over previous PS3 Jailbreak 4.85 OFW to CFW we needed to check our system with MinVer. But now you no need to worry about MinVer.
PS3 Jailbreak OFW 4.86 to CFW 4.86 Installation introduction
- Plug your FAT32 formatted USB drive on your PC.
- Create root folder PS3>UPDATE
- Put HFW 4.86.1 file inside UPDATE folder.
- Plug your USB drive on your PS3 console.
- Update via USB.
- Open PS3 Internet browser.
- Go to ps3xploit.com/bgtoolset
- Go to flash memory manager. (CFW Compatible Should be ✓)
- Reboot your PS3 System.
- Open internet browser → ps3xploit.com/bgtoolset → Flash memory manager (Press X on Flash memory folder for backup)
- Click on flash memory patch → Download patch file → Select USB drive
- Load patch file from /dev_USB000 (nofsm_patch_4.86.bin)
- Apply loaded patch by clicking on flash memory patch.
- Reboot your PS3 console.
- Plug your USB drive on PC → Put PS3 Rebug Lite 4.86.1 inside UPDATE folder.
- Plug your USB drive on PS3 → Update via USB → Follow screen introduction.
Note: Do not try this on PS3 Super Slim or your system will brick.
Yes, you can but you have to install HFW 4.86.1 on your PS3 console first. Once you overwrite HFW firmware on your PS3 system, HEN will remove automatically and you are free to go with this process.
It’s mean patch didn’t apply on your PS3 system. Make sure you follow all the steps, step by step.
You no need to install OFW on your PS3 system. You can directly go with HFW 4.86.1 firmware.
You’ll need these
- PS3 HFW 4.86.1
- FAT32 formatted USB drive
- PS3 Rebug 4.86.1
- Stable Internet Connection
- Compatible PS3 System
Conclusion – Now you have successfully installed CFW on your PS3 system. Feel free to leave your issues and feedback in the comment section. Like my Facebook page and subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay connected with me.