PS4 Jailbreak 6.72 has been released by Developer Sleirsgoevy (Kernel Exploit revealed by TheFlow0) on July 18, 2020. Jailbreak working as it’s should be but developer mentioned “unstable jailbreak”. We have tried this jailbreak on our PS4 system. There are few things about this unstable jailbreak release which you need to know. According to the developer and my review during enabling JB or MIRA, some attempt could be failed. The unstable jailbreak will also allow you to do all that you could in your previous jailbreak 5.05.
This unstable jailbreak can corrupt your hard drive data or firmware. If you are on below 6.72 firmware version you can have a look. But we strongly suggest previous jailbreak users stay on 5.05 until stable jailbreak come out. Right now I will not ask anyone for system updates because it can result in anything whether you are on the old jailbreak version or not. I already have published a tutorial on it on my Smart Game Tech channel. You can see during the jailbreak process there are some warnings. Make sure you read it carefully before proceeding.
PS4 Jailbreak 6.72 Steps:
- Extract PS4 6.72 retail update file on your computer desktop or any specific folder.
- Plug your USB drive on your PC.
- Format your USB drive with exFAT or FAT32.
- Create PS4, Inside Update folder in upper case.
- Put your Update file in the update folder.
- Plug your USB drive on your PS4.
- Disconnect Internet from your PS4 system.
- Go to setting → System Software Update
- Follow the screen introduction and finish the update.
- Connect internet on your PS4 system.
- Setup internet connection.
- Leave everything default.
- Put manually DNS addresses, 1→ 18.104.22.168 2→ 22.214.171.124
- Open user’s guide
- Select 6.72
- Open MIRA
- Open JB link first and wait for “you are all set” and “there is not enough free system memory” messages.
- Now open MIRA and wait for final you are all set message.
- Close window and enjoy
Note: Jailbreak failed message could appear on your screen during the jailbreak process. Please reboot your console manually by pressing the system power button.
This exploit only on works on 6.72 firmware. If you are on lower firmware please download and install retail 6.72 firmware on your system before starting jailbreak process.
It’s unstable jailbreak, please reboot your PS4 system manually and give one more try without closing browser.
A slow internet connection can take a long time for proceeding, you need a better internet connection to avoid this delay, freeze or hangs problem.
In this case you need to turn on your PS4 console by pressing PS4 system power button. Please do not try to turn on your system by pressing DualShock 4 PS button.
You’ll need these
- Stable internet connection.
- USB drive with minimum space 2GB.
- PS4 Retail 6.72 Update file.
Conclusion – New PS4 jailbreak release is pretty impressive. As you know now this is unstable jailbreak, it will be a great idea to update your system on stable jailbreak release. Please leave your feedback, issues and review in the comment section. Like our Facebook page and subscribe to our YouTube channel and stay connected with us.