PS4-Xplorer is a basic tool of PS4 which can explore, rename, copy, paste, cut and delete files and folders completely on your command. PS4 file manager (PS4-Xplorer) allows you to play wav, ogg audio in the background, so you can perform other file manager functions with background audio. You can have a look txt, ini, bat, png and jpg with and without audio. With the internal hard drive, you can also access the external hard drive of your PS4 console.
PS4 file manager supports both 4.55 and 5.05 firmware. It’s clear that file manager application can be installed in the exploited system. You can create folder, rename file, delete file & folder etc with the help of PS4 file manager. Be careful using file manager if you delete some of the system files. You’ll lose access of your PS4 console until you reinstall the firmware. I have mentioned below some more details and installation introduction.
|Supported Firmware||4.55 & 5.05|
1.29 change log:
- Added support to 7.50, 7.51 and 7.55 FW.
- Signiticant reduction in the PKG size.
1.28 change log:
- Show the files/folders last modification date.
- File Manager
- Create folder & File
- Move folder & Files
- FTP connection
- Improved accuracy by showing the size of the files (including 0 kb files).
- Minor bugs fixed.
- Fixed an error in the calculation of the percentage in the new progress bar when copying very large files.
- Added a Cancel button to the new progress bar (square).
- Fixed an FTP and RW bug (the options were inverted).
- Experimenting with a true progress bar. Only works when COPY a SINGLE file. (No in cut, folder or multiple files)
- Added the possibility of making a “_copy” of a file or folder (just copy and paste a file or folder in its own path). This only works with a single file or folder.
- When copying or moving files, they will no longer be overwritten automatically, now a message box will appear to choose the correct option.
- Now show the number of elements in each folder in the lower-left corner.
- Support to .cfg files as plain text.
- New option in the Advanced Options menu to configure the “Home” path. After that, you can go back to it whenever you want by pressing R3.
- Some visual flaws fixed.
- Experimenting with new ways to play videos.
- Fixed an error when you cut a folder, advance, paste and then try to go back.
- Changed the Title ID.
- Updated the PS4_Tools.dll for better and accurate info.
- Added the Dutch translation.
- Some bugs fixed.
- Changed the keyboard handmade by the native keyboard of PS4.
- Fixed some bugs with the text encoding in flat text files.
- Supported lower firmware besides 5.05 (4.55, 4.75, 5.01)
- Supported read info from .sfo and .pkg files.
- Supported .dds images.
- Fixed some Polish phrases.
- Support to .json files as flat text.
- Added the Persian, Russian, Turkish, Polish, Swedish, Catalan, Danish, Greek and Indonesia translation.
- Fixed some Chinese characters.
- Language selection screen (this will show only the first time you open the application). If you want to change the language later, go to [Settings]>[Application Saved Data Management] and delete the PS4-Xplorer saves.
- When you move backwards in the folders, the app remembers the folder where it comes from.
- Finished the Advance Menu translations.
- More bugs fixed.
- New Instruction page design.
- Added notification sound when cut/copies and paste finish.
- Added error sound when some error happens.
- New Folder option.
- Slow down the speed a bit, and a little more in the options menu.
- Super speed to move. Hold L2 pressed and move with DPad or Analog Stick.
- Advances Options menu (Hold L2 pressed + triangle to show it) to Activate FTP (port 21) and Full R/W over system folders (danger, be careful !)
- Some keyboard bugs fixed (maybe there are still some more to fix).
- Added the file multi-selection option and select all (files only for now). Press R1 to mark files and start the multiselection. You can press R1 again to unmark the files.
- L1 to cancel the multiselection. The multiselection will cancel if you abandon the actual folder too.
- Press R1 over a file while you hold down R2 to Select All the files in the actual folder.
- Ghosting files when cutting like the real MS Windows Explorer.
- Some bugs fixed.
- Change the name to PS4-Xplorer.
- Blacklist the folder “/dev” and “mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/” to avoid problems. The options in these folders will not be opened.
- Added Chinese translation.
- Mark in green the folders towards the usb to facilitate the way to the less advanced users.
- Shortcut to usb0 with Left DPad and to usb1 with Right DPad.
- Support to .xml files as flat text.
- Added Arabic translation.
- Added the Vietnamese translation.
- Show the file size in Kb, Mb or Gb.
- Added the France translation.
- Added the German translation.
- Fixed some Japanese characters
- Added the Ukrainian translation.
- Added the Italian translation.
- Added Japanese translation.
- Prevent the application from freezing when a cut/copy/paste error occurs.
- Added the Portuguese translation.
- Initial release with Spanish and English translation.
How to install File Manager on PS4
- Extract PS4-Xplorer PKG on your computer screen or any specific folder.
- Plug your USB drive on your PC and format it with FAT32 or exFAT.
- Copy your result file and paste it under USB root.
- Plug your USB drive on your PS4.
- Go to exploit page and enable HEN 1.8, 2.0 or 2.1.
- Go to debug setting and install your PKG file.
Yes, you can move any file from USB to your PS4 internal hard drive. But be careful moving your files it can cause of system brick.
You can do everything as you have seen or use on your android or iOS phone. You can let me know if you did or got some new trick. the last thing is you have activated your FTP account. You can use FTP just putting IP and port on your PC or mobile software.
Note: Whenever you copy or move any file and folder. Existed files and folder will be overwritten without any permission or any popup message. Be careful by using PS4-Xplorer. You can move movies from your USB to PS4 internal hard drive.
You’ll need these
Conclusion – Now you can explore your PS4 hard drive. Also, you can do all the things which are possible with the file manager. Let me know in the comment section what do you think about this file manager. Like my Facebook page and subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay connected with me.