As you all know for PS4 Jailbreak 9.00 you need a separate USB drive. This can be difficult for a lot of people carrying two USB drives, one for jailbreak and another one for game installation. So, the good this is that you can transfer your games from your PC to PS4 via LAN. Make sure you have a jailbroken console and installed Internal Package Installer (IPI v1.0). You can transfer your games from PC to PS4 above 9.03 too. But this tutorial is only for exploited systems.
PS4 9.00 GoldHEN 2.0B allows you to activate FTP without any extra payload. You can find FTP enable setting on your PS4 Setting ⇒ GoldHEN. Transfer speed will depend on your hardware such as router and LAN cable (CAT-4, CAT-5, or CAT-6)
How to transfer games PC to PS4 via LAN
- Connect your PS4 to PC via LAN Cable
- Connect Internet on your PC using another LAN or Wirless. (We will accesss internet on PS4 too)
- Go to Network & Internet Setting ⇒ Wifi Change Adapter Options ⇒ Wifi/LAN Property (PC internet connection) ⇒ Sharing ⇒ Allow other network and select ethernet which connected to PS4.
- Enable HEN 9.00 on your PS4 system.
- Go to PS4 Setting ⇒ GoldHEN and activate FTP. (Remember your IP and port)
- Run WinSCP as administrator.
- File Protocol ⇒ FTP, Host Name: Your IP Address, Port Number: 2121
- Click on Login
- Blank username and password (Connection process is done)
- Go to data folder on your PS4
- Drag and drop your PS4 PKG on PS4 data folder.
- Once prcess is done install Internel PKG Installer (IPI) on your PS4.
- Run IPI on your PS4 and your game installation will begin.
Yes, you need a jailbroken PS4 system. If you don’t have it, you can transfer your games using PSXDownloadHelper but game will remain locked.
You can also use your smartphone for your PC/Laptop internet (USB tethering). If you want more information about this, just google your smartphone model number for internet connection.
You can check few things and improve. Make sure your PS4 connected with PS4 via LAN, Check your router max speed, your LAN cable should be CAT6.
Both FTP clients allow you to transfer games PC to PS4 via LAN and there is no speed difference. I like WinSCP, if you want to go with FileZilla, go ahead.
You’ll need these
Summary ⇒ You can transfer/install your games via USB or LAN. This process only guides – how to transfer games PC to PS4 via LAN. If you have 5.0Ghz router you’ll get more speed as compared to 2.4Ghz. We always recommend you to use LAN, not wifi. Like our Facebook page and subscribe to our YouTube channel and stay connected with us.